R. Malcolm Sheppard
57 Summit St.
Philadelphia, PA 19118
Mr. Sheppard is a software engineering professional specializing in Microsoft .Net technologies. He has extensive experience with architecting, designing, and developing software solutions for the enterprise the web, and for consumers, specializing in user interfaces and experiences.
During his career he has served various roles, such as architect, developer, team leader and manager, as well as an independent consultant.
Summary Of Skills
- A “hands on” leadership approach to managing teams and projects.
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development life-cycle management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in information systems architecture, software design methodologies, software design patterns, and object oriented design.
- Proven expertise in software architecture design and development for the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Effective communicator proficient in delivering superior customer service and bridging the business and technical communities.
- Proactive and result-oriented leader skilled in mentoring and motivating dynamic teams to exemplary performance.
Senior Application Architect, SIG
Bala Cynwyd, PA
2015 — Present
Senior Architect/Project Manager/Group Manager, Music Choice
2009 — 2014
- Guided the organization towards the adoption of new user interface technologies, platforms, and practices, by managing a team of Business User Interface engineers.
- Launched a new media web site, including the introduction of new patterns and practices, as well as new technology platforms (MVC, Azure Cloud Services), by leading the design and development efforts.
- Launched several new television media networks, introducing innovative consumer experiences, by leading the architecting and development of business user interfaces, using new technologies (Silverlight, MVC).
- Developed new authoring tools for revolutionary media shows, shortening the time to market, using new technologies (Silverlight, WPF, Web Services).
- Contributed significant knowledge transfer to the organization on the Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF).
Independent Software Consultant
2000 — Present
- Assist enterprises and small to medium businesses with their technology needs, including training, networking, web site development, and project management.
Program Manager, Enterprise Services, Microsoft
Redmond, WA Philadelphia, PA Washington, DC
1993 — 1999
- Designed, implemented, and managed service programs that supported field personal in their efforts to help enterprises get the most out of their Microsoft products and technologies.
- Oversaw the development of Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) courseware providing guidance in the proven practices that help organizations become more successful delivering business-driven technology solutions.
- Delivered a broad range of architectural, development, and training services to Microsoft’s enterprise customers on leading edge technology and solutions to help them receive the full benefits associated with using Microsoft’s products and technologies.
Independent Software Consultant
1988 — 1992
Director of Electronic Publishing, Institute of Scientific Information
1985 — 1988
- The University of Pennsylvania
- Master Trainer, Microsoft Solutions Framework
- Board Member, Lake Paupac Club, Pennsylvania
- Past Board Member, The Center For Emerging Visual Artists, Philadelphia, PA